Have you ever witnessed your garage door suddenly decide that it needs a break and stop working? Do you also constantly forget to get your garage door maintained at the right time and then face problems that would have been avoided had it not been for this negligence?
Garages are an essential part of a house. They don’t just act as storage areas for our vehicles but are a place to spend some time alone. They are a place where one can practice a hobby or work in silence. Therefore, maintaining a garage and looking after it is essential. Only then can we continue to enjoy the luxuries it provides.
A garage door is, without a doubt, the most crucial part of the garage. It controls all the movement in and out and adds beauty to the look of the garage. This makes it more important to maintain your garage and get it serviced at the proper intervals. These small steps ensure that you do not face any larger-scale problems concerning your garage door.
How Often Should A Garage Door Be Serviced?
Generally, garage doors should be serviced at least once a year, given that you do not face any other issues with them. Service experts use preventive measures that help prolong the lifespan and efficiency of your garage door.
Read more to know the Benefits of An Insulated Garage Door.
What Measures Do Technicians Use For Garage Door Maintenance?
The technicians tend to use lubricating agents around sensitive and moving areas of the door, tighten loose bolts, and adjust spring tension. These minor adjustments go a long way in preventing more significant problems that will ultimately cost more.
Is It Mandatory To Get An Annual Checkup Done Every Year?
Most times, your door might work fine without the annual servicing, but you know the saying: “Better Safe Than Sorry.”
How Can I Check My Garage Door For Issues Myself?
Monthly DIY Checking
Other than the annual professional checkups, you can carry out your monthly checkups too. Develop a checklist that contains the following points:
- Check whether it is possible to open the door from outside or not
- Look for any damaged windows in your door (given that it has windows in the first place)
- Open and close the door to look for any creaking sounds. If you hear them, look for the source and oil it.
- Make sure that the door closes and opens without any problem
These little checkups can help you locate issues while they are still minor. Getting them fixed by a technician can help save both your time and money. Plus, any information you provide to the technician will help them reach a conclusion faster and solve any issues in lesser time.
What Is Photo-Eye?
Have you ever wondered why your closing garage door automatically opens when an obstacle such as a dog, vehicle, or even your child comes in its way?
This happens due to the presence of a system known as the Photo-Eye. It detects the presence of obstacles in the path of the door and opens it. This system prevents a lot of accidents.
What Are Other Ways In Which I Can Aid My Technician?
There are two additional ways that you can follow to assist a professional technician in making a quicker analysis.
- You can check the effectiveness of the eye using any long object, such as a broom or mop (avoid using your leg or arm for obvious reasons). All you have to do is place the object close to the ground under the door as it closes. Then, if the door detects it and begins opening before it hits the object, you can be sure that it is working correctly.
- Analyze the alignment of your garage door: For this, disconnect the door opener. If you face any problems or want to avoid disconnecting it the wrong way, refer to Liftmaster. Liftmaster provides an easy-to-follow set of instructions that guide you throughout the process of disconnecting and reconnecting your opener.
Once disconnected, the door should be easily movable manually. If it requires excessive force, you will understand that a problem needs to be resolved. Furthermore, try raising the door halfway up. If it wobbles when you let go, it means that the door is off-balance, then you must call a technician immediately.
Following all these measures may sound like a lot of effort, but it is just a long-term investment in the long run. By spending a few minutes conducting these simple checkups, you can avoid larger hustles and money expenditures on solving major issues or buying a new door altogether.
Now that we have given all details regarding your garage door service. If you need professional hands, then the Best Garage Door & Gate Repair Services is your go-to. Whenever you need any garage door repair or work done on your garage or even the annual checkups, our company gets the job done in time, ensuring customer satisfaction. You can expect the utmost professionalism from the friendly and honest technicians of the company.